Author Topic: IMD 2010 North East Victoria.  (Read 4935 times)

Offline Halfpint

• Registered Member
  • I know I gotta stop one day, Just not yet! Tony.
IMD 2010 North East Victoria.
« on: July 21, 2010, 04:40:01 AM »
Hi there,
I've had a few people suggest IMD activities around the NE Vic area. If you would like to suggest an activity, or just want to be a part of it, please let me know.
Suggestions so far are:-
 1) A back road run from Albury to Old Tallangatta via Bethanga.  A good run that not many people ever see. Then onto New Tallangatta for Lunch. Maybee even stop at the Army Museum at Bandiana Army Base in Wodonga to finish off. etc.
 2) A Northern Valley run ie: Milliwa, Shepparton etc. Great country.
 3) Back to Bright and Mt Beauty ( as last year) was a great run as well.
So if you'd like to come along, let us know and we can all go together.
Here's to IMD 2010
Cheers
Halfpint.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 04:47:36 AM by Halfpint »

Even Jet engines have oil leaks.

Offline Halfpint

• Registered Member
Re: IMD 2010 North East Victoria.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 10:17:27 PM »
An update.
Boydy and I went for a run today to check out the road conditions, distance and timings of the run around to Old Tallangatta and back to Wodonga. Weather was.... lets say... fun, interesting, cool'ish.
From Albury Paddle wheel to the Army Barracks Museum is 115 kms. Of this 7 klms is unsealed but in good condition.
The country is undulating, very scenic, and not many people ever go this way ???. I've had great fun driving this little known road a few times now.
At a slow pace the run takes about 1.5 to 2 hrs (with a few stops for pics). The Stump Hotel has a good lunch menu and the Army Museum is right next door complete with an Army Moke and Trailer that will top the day off. Entry for groups of 10 or more is just $2 each.
I will post some more details soon with a complete itinery, including the official photo shoot site, soon.
Please let us know if you want to come for a drive, even if you're not in your Moke. We have 'The Stig' here, all keen, even though his Moke is resting back at home.
So here's to a local 'International Moke Day 2010' in the North East Victoria area (even if some of it is in NSW, just).
Sunday September 26.
Cheers
Halfpint and Boydy
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 12:40:04 PM by Halfpint »

Offline Boydy

• Registered Member
  • 74 MOKE UTE,78 CALI & 80 GAL BODY 1963MINI850
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 07:37:08 PM »
Hi guys boydy here .Was talking to halfpint and he wanted me to organise a little bit .So we thougt if every one could all meet at the water wheel at wodonga place Albury about 10pm were we could chat for a bit then set off about 10.30. Then cruise down dean st and head out to the weir were we can take a few pictures neck to bethanga bridge then cruze on to bethanga look out . from there we have a nice senic view of the weir driving to tallangatta have a quick stop before  heading to kiewa then wodonga ,stopping at perry's pub for lunch after looking at going to army museum to look at army MOKE & trailer then up to you guys for whats next catch ya there Boydy .ps sorry will be driving mini (moke getting over haul. ::)
thatul do donkey thatul do

Offline Terry

• Serial Moke Offender
  • Administrator
  • Registered Member
  • Melbourne, Victoria
    • MokeWerx
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 09:22:05 PM »
one could all meet at the water wheel at wodonga place Albury about 10pm were we could chat for a bit then set off about 10.30

That is a bit of a late start?

Can someone please PM me a contact phone number for the NE Event.

Terry

Offline Halfpint

• Registered Member
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 10:34:41 PM »
No worries Terry,
Boydy meant 10am. He types quick. And its been called the Stump Hotel for about 10 yrs now. Hard to let go of names sometimes, dont blame him, back then it was a great place as well.
I'll pm my Number.
Averyone is welcome to come along, it really is a nice drive.
Cheers
Halfpint

Offline Halfpint

• Registered Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 05:25:59 PM »
Nth East Victorian IMD was fantastic. Weather was much better this year, and the country roads chosen for the drive was excellent.
A few pics then.

A great turn out. Many came in their Mini's. Some had Mokes not quite ready and even some stories of Collingwood supporters not able to face the daylight!

So off we all go and head up Dean St (the main street of Albury) in one convoy trying to negotiate all the traffic lights to stay in a bunch, then next stop was the Hume Weir and our Bethanga Bridge for photo or two.

Next stop was Betanga Look out. 8) 8)

Off to Granya. Lots of twisty bits. ;D ;D Then though the Granya Cutting, Lots more twisty bits.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. Unfortunataly Wifey couldn't take pics and squeeze the Jeezuz rail at the same time. :o 8) 8) ;)

Lunch break at The Stump.

Then we went next door to the Latchford Army Barracks Museum. Gets bigger each year. But the star attraction........

150klms of great driving. Thanks to all who came including a suprise appearance from Les and Marg (Alpine Moke). Also a big thanks to the crew of NEMOGers who as always, help to make these drives a lot of fun.
Cheers
Halfpint and Boydy

Offline CabSav

• Registered Member
  • cabsav! At "Make-a-wish" Party last year!
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 10:52:08 PM »
What a great day - and look at the weather!!!!
Our pics may not have shown it - but Melbourne IMD had an army Moke with trailor just like that one! (i think ::))

Love our static display - but your trip would have been a blast

MMMMMmmmmmm  Might have to do a sneaky trip to join you next year!

Cabby
Been there....
Done that....