Author Topic: Morris 1100 disc brake front end  (Read 1758 times)

Offline Newie

• Registered Member
Morris 1100 disc brake front end
« on: March 03, 2011, 10:23:32 PM »
Came across this incomplete Morris 1100 front end recently. It is a hydro subframe with a disc brake setup. Missing one disc hub, but may yet turn up. For the time being, please assume it is missing. I do have the caliper for the missing hub (not in photo).

All rusted as it has been left out in the open, but should be retrievable. Actual disc looks rusted but OK to me (not an expert) not badly pitted or scored.

WILL NOT JUST BOLT STRAIGHT ONTO A MOKE!

Please note Terry's comment about the suitability of these on a Moke in another thread today
The CV is usable in a Moke Disc brake set up so worth hanging onto but the rest requires a lot of work to make fit and these days it is easier and cheaper to get it new or reco ready to bolt on.

Btw with yours being 10" wheels you might find the 1100 conversion doesn't work for you. I thook the 1100 conversion of the Gryphon and replaced it with a standard 8.4 set up.

Terry

More photos here  http://www.moke.com.au/Forum/index.php?action=gallery;cat=69

Happy to take parts off so you can just take what you need rather than the whole subframe.

Please bear in Mind I'm in Quirindi near Tamworth NSW. If you want it you'll have to pick it up or pay for freight.

If no response on here in next week or two, I'll just stick it on ebay, but wanted to give the forum first shot.

I'm placing very little value on this as I realise it will be a lot of work to get it usable, so offer me whatever little swap you have.
1966 Moke - "The Gnome" Current work in progress
1979 Californian - Going, but a long long long way from roadworthy.
Plus a couple of other garden gnomes for parts

I'm a genius in disguise............It's a bloody good disguise-no one ever suspects a thing