Author Topic: ADR's for Pre 69  (Read 1963 times)

Offline adamstuart

• Registered Member
ADR's for Pre 69
« on: August 20, 2010, 01:13:21 PM »
What ADR's does a pre 69 car ie. a little wheeler, have to meet to be road registerable in NSW?

I'm aware you only have to meet ADRs that existed before the car was manufactured, but all i can find is a list of ADRs, not when they were released.

Quote from: Halfpint
Total Registerd Non Attendees: All will make it
I like this guy.

Offline Newie

• Registered Member
Re: ADR's for Pre 69
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 01:39:46 PM »
Pretty sure ADRs weren't invented back then. Vehicles that need to comply with ADRs have the relevant ones stamped on the compliance plate.

Anything in particular you were worried about Adam?

Newie
1966 Moke - "The Gnome" Current work in progress
1979 Californian - Going, but a long long long way from roadworthy.
Plus a couple of other garden gnomes for parts

I'm a genius in disguise............It's a bloody good disguise-no one ever suspects a thing

Offline mattsmadmini

• Registered Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 01:56:49 PM »
arent any mate...

none of this pollution crap for us! woooo!

;D

let me know when you are going for a blue slip, ill tell ya where to head  ;)
I once prayed to god for a bike, but quickly found out he didnt work that way...so I stole a bike and prayed for his forgiveness

1967 Moke - Sanchez (made it to wagga and back...)

Offline adamstuart

• Registered Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 03:29:02 PM »
Just thinking about things like the requirement for a demister, pretty sure a little wheeler never had it.

I know my 77clubby has to meet 3 or so, that are in fact on the compliance plate, one of which i believe is a demister (which doesnt work, up for rego number 4 soon booyah).

Anything apart from general functionality, structural integrity and what not, what did sanchez have to meet matt?

Quote from: Halfpint
Total Registerd Non Attendees: All will make it
I like this guy.

Offline Terry

• Serial Moke Offender
  • Administrator
  • Registered Member
  • Melbourne, Victoria
    • MokeWerx
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 03:40:16 PM »
Hi,

Individual states had their own requirements but Australian Design Rules weren't introduced fully until 1971 nationally, so some states will say they were introduce in 1969 and others later but i believe most states were using them by 1971.

From the website....

When a road vehicle is first used on Australian roads the relevant state or territory government's legislation generally requires that it continue to comply with the relevant ADRs as at the time of manufacture.

The First Edition ADRs were distributed for discussion purposes. However, they were not adopted as a legally binding set of standards under either national or state/territory law.

The Second Edition ADRs first came into effect on 1 January 1969. These ADRs were selectively applied under state/territory law.

Terry

Offline Samm

• Samm aka Samm
  • Registered Member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 04:25:10 PM »
what did sanchez have to meet matt?

HA!

Sanchez barely stopped when he was blue slipped.

As long as it has seatbelts, runs and stops, has at least the drivers side mirror and rear vision mirror as well as functioning indicators/headlights/taillights and a speedo that works I'm pretty sure you'll be right.

Mine wasn't started let alone driven or sat in at blue slip time ;)

Samm

Offline mattsmadmini

• Registered Member
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 05:21:20 PM »
HA!

Sanchez barely stopped when he was blue slipped.

As long as it has seatbelts, runs and stops, has at least the drivers side mirror and rear vision mirror as well as functioning indicators/headlights/taillights and a speedo that works I'm pretty sure you'll be right.

Mine wasn't started let alone driven or sat in at blue slip time ;)

Samm

or barely went lol

and im the same as samm, my dude couldnt fit in it, so he didnt bother "indicators work?" yep
brakes ok? yep

cool.

there's ya slip

lol
I once prayed to god for a bike, but quickly found out he didnt work that way...so I stole a bike and prayed for his forgiveness

1967 Moke - Sanchez (made it to wagga and back...)

Offline spider

• Registered Member
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 06:27:09 PM »
To answer the original question - none