Author Topic: IMD 2010 - Brisbane  (Read 20327 times)

Offline nickomokeo

• Registered Member
Re: IMD 2010 - Brisbane
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2010, 02:53:00 PM »
We probably need to book at Binna Burra if that is what we want to do, they can get full on Saturdays.

Any other suggestions before we commit to it???

Spotty fancys Byron/Nimbin as last year???

Whatever we do we need to pick Darth up on the Gold Coast.

Nicko
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 09:13:04 PM by nickomokeo »

Offline nickomokeo

• Registered Member
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2010, 07:28:49 AM »
I just found out - IMD is during the September school holidays.
If you want a safari tent you may need to get in quick.

Offline nickomokeo

• Registered Member
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2010, 08:19:15 AM »
I just called Binna Burra.
All the safari tents are booked - only camp sites available :(
Any other ideas??
Nicko

Offline Darth Moke

• Registered Member
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2010, 11:11:49 AM »

Hi ,

Just got back from freezing gold coast.....  I'll have plenty of time from 26 to 30th.... I stay in the center of Surfer's but will have a rental car. So I'm mobile and I can find my way to pacific fair and robina !!!

My hotel address is "hollywood show girls" on orchid ave....

Offline nickomokeo

• Registered Member
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2010, 12:07:44 PM »
My hotel address is "hollywood show girls" on orchid ave....
:o

Maybe we could stay there too!!!!

Offline TurboTiger

• Registered Member
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2010, 01:42:12 PM »
I think I can organize 6 or so mokes from my area for the day and if you are coming into this area just let me know as we would love to join you all.
Anywhere around the coast or even Murwiilumbah would be great and if you get down this far and need accomodation the back yard is empty for tents etc and the BBQ and fridge is ready just as long as Chippy doesn't tie up my wife again :D CHEERS.

Offline 77Devil

• Registered Member
  • A younger Dev
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2010, 02:38:26 PM »

the BBQ and fridge is ready just as long as Chippy doesn't tie up my wife again :D CHEERS.

Remember Turbo Rosie, no photos, it didn't happen.

Going to be busy in '11

Offline nickomokeo

• Registered Member
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2010, 11:37:07 AM »
OK looks like Binna Burra is out unless we camp.

Same trip as last year then ? yes? no?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 10:20:45 AM by nickomokeo »

Offline CQ_Moke

• Registered Member
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2010, 08:38:31 PM »
I say we discuss over a bacon butty Sunday morning and comeuppance with a plan or two..
1978 Californian "restored" and enjoying daily :)
1981 "in progress" SHMBO's car

Offline nickomokeo

• Registered Member
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2010, 09:38:15 PM »
Sounds good to me

Offline TurboTiger

• Registered Member
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2010, 10:30:56 PM »
Hi All.
I just wanted to fill you all in on a phone call that I have recieved in which was to invite us all with our mokes to attend an event here in Lismore.
 It just so happens to be on IMD day the 26th and the event is called The Multicultural Family Festival and begins at 10am.This event is expecting about 5000 people to attend and we could make a show of it at a time that would suite us.
 If we were to be involved in the event they would introduce us over the loud speaker as we drove in as a convoy and drive into the central arena in front of the main stage to form a circle to show of our mokes for aproximatly 45 minuets to the public whilst we have something to eat and drink as there will be tones of food available and then we're of to do what ever we want.
 If we would decide to go ahead with this then they would advertise us in the media as part of the festival.
 If there is anyone wanting to check out this festival and all the info about it all you have to do is look at the website at nrf3.webs.com.
 This event seems like a lot of fun to me and I just wanted to put the idea out there to not only nth coast mokers but also all you cane toads up there in QLD.
 Have a chat about it and let me know as to what you all think and let me know what you think ASAP as like I said they would like to advertise us as part of the event. CHEERS.
                      Turbo
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 10:45:15 PM by TurboTiger »

Offline TurboTiger

• Registered Member
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2010, 07:25:23 PM »
Now settle down boys don't rush in with your thoughts all at once :-\

Offline HAG

• Registered Member
  • Cough Cough
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2010, 07:39:06 PM »
Gday Turbin, Were just waiting for the minutes of today's meeting to be finalized our secretary CQ moke will post ASAP

Offline CQ_Moke

• Registered Member
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2010, 08:12:02 PM »
Thanks chaps! That will teach me for not speaking up!!

The consensus from today's executive meeting was that with tamworth the weekend after imd, a weekend away would just be too much. We instead are thinking about a trip down to the goldy, meeting up with darth (if he is available) and doing a hinterland run.

Their is one of those all in one service centers near yatilla, all brisbanites and western suburbanites meet up their and head down the coast and meet up with the dark apprentice and head to the hinterland somewhere.
1978 Californian "restored" and enjoying daily :)
1981 "in progress" SHMBO's car

Offline Terry

• Serial Moke Offender
  • Administrator
  • Registered Member
  • Melbourne, Victoria
    • MokeWerx
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2010, 09:05:49 PM »
Hi All.
I just wanted to fill you all in on a phone call that I have recieved in which was to invite us all with our mokes to attend an event here in Lismore.
 It just so happens to be on IMD day the 26th and the event is called The Multicultural Family Festival and begins at 10am.This event is expecting about 5000 people to attend and we could make a show of it at a time that would suite us.
 If we were to be involved in the event they would introduce us over the loud speaker as we drove in as a convoy and drive into the central arena in front of the main stage to form a circle to show of our mokes for aproximatly 45 minuets to the public whilst we have something to eat and drink as there will be tones of food available and then we're of to do what ever we want.
 If we would decide to go ahead with this then they would advertise us in the media as part of the festival.
 If there is anyone wanting to check out this festival and all the info about it all you have to do is look at the website at nrf3.webs.com.
 This event seems like a lot of fun to me and I just wanted to put the idea out there to not only nth coast mokers but also all you cane toads up there in QLD.
 Have a chat about it and let me know as to what you all think and let me know what you think ASAP as like I said they would like to advertise us as part of the event. CHEERS.
                      Turbo

Turbo/Rosie,

Sounds like it is still a good day out for IMD even in the Brisbane group don't come down. Send me some details for a meeting point and time etc and I will put up an event for the Northern Coast and see if we can't find you a few more locals.

Terry