Author Topic: Moke Round Up - Tamworth NSW October 2010  (Read 12201 times)

Offline Newie

• Registered Member
Moke Round Up - Tamworth NSW October 2010
« on: September 18, 2009, 09:11:43 PM »
OK people, time to mark your calenders.

The Moke Round Up comittee (Appache and I) have set a time and place.

The event will be held in Tamworth and based around the NSW October long weekend - Oct 2,3 & 4 2010.

That gives you all over 12 months to get your lives and Mokes in order  ;D

Still a few details to sort out  ::) ::) ::) but Aimee and The Welder are hoping to come up and join me in a recce soon while she is convalescing.

I have Piggy thinking about leading a Qld convoy and Terry is considering a Vic contingent although both are of course VERY tentative at this stage and will be dependant upon what direction their careers take over the coming 12 months. I imagine they will also be encouraged or otherwise depending on how much interest they both attract.

I know it is a long way off, but we mainly wanted to let people know it will NOT be held at Easter, so you can all do whatever you like for that holiday  ;D.

It would be nice to get some idea of those that may possibly be coming, so feel free to put your hand up if you're potentially interested. Don't be shy, we won't be holding anyone to anything this far out but some idea of interest would be nice  :)

Although time and place are now set in stone, we are still very open to any other suggestions for the event.

Casper has kindly designed a great logo for us and we have numerous ideas for various activities, but beyond that , details are still vague so plenty of time for suggestions to be included.

Newie
1966 Moke - "The Gnome" Current work in progress
1979 Californian - Going, but a long long long way from roadworthy.
Plus a couple of other garden gnomes for parts

I'm a genius in disguise............It's a bloody good disguise-no one ever suspects a thing

Offline Samm

• Samm aka Samm
  • Registered Member
Re: Moke Round Up - Tamworth NSW October 2010
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 09:25:45 PM »
Pencil me in +1 for a tentative 'booking'  ;)

All will depend on what im doing work wise but im keen as mustard to meet up again.

Samm the boot scootin'

Offline moemoke

• Administrator
  • Registered Member
  • Moe, Victoria
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 09:57:06 PM »
Sounds good, 1 or maybe 2 mokes from Moe will be there.

Hope you know what you've let yourselves in for ;D

1976 Moke 1275cc, 1974 Moke with Suzuki GTI motor (project), 1976 Moke Project, 1975 Moke rust bucket, 1967 Moke rust bucket

Offline Newie

• Registered Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 10:11:22 PM »
Great Samm - Hmmmmmm Boot Scooting eh? We were already thinking of a Western themed day/night.  ;D

Terrific to hear of the interest from as far afield as Moe  :).

As for knowing what we're in for, I have little doubt that we do not, but we'll get there somehow no doubt (little bit scared :-\  :)).

The main thing I took away from trying to drag MokeFest info out of Terry the other day is that "less is more" so although it will hopefully be organised enough to keep things flowing, there will be a lot of free time with few organised events and a lot of time to admire and talk about Mokes and get to know other Mokers, Mokees, Mokettes etc.

Newie

I'm a genius in disguise............It's a bloody good disguise-no one ever suspects a thing

Offline BLACK THUNDER (previously new to mokes)

• Registered Member
  • my moke
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 10:20:57 PM »
pencil me in sounds good will be there with family in tow
shane

Offline yellowdevil

• Registered Member
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 10:35:30 PM »
me too. biro me in to organise a drive somewhere. have you spoke to any caravan parks yet. as per earlier pm my dad couldnt really recommend any going from his experience with motorhome club. if im thru up to gunny i will try to stop in and have-a-chat.
we could run a drive to who'ed a thought it, a lookout! ::)

james

75% of all mokes made are still on the road, the others made it home.

Offline Newie

• Registered Member
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 10:46:38 PM »
Thanks again Yella. Let me know when you're through next and we'll definitely catch up. I'll be working in working in Gunnedah a fair bit on and off over the coming months, so may even catch up there. I'll send you a PM with my mobile no. and address.

I've checked the main caravan park in Tamworth and Appache plans to personally test out one when she and The Welder come up next. Early days yet, but we plan to check out all the parks in the area and give a brief rundown closer to the event.

We could run a drive to Who'd A Thought It, but that's actually the Quirindi lookout (embarrasingly enough  :-[) so a bit of a run from Tamworth  :)

Newie

Offline yellowdevil

• Registered Member
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 10:55:56 PM »
my ma and pa still live in gunny. dad has an mgb. if you wanted to have a gasbag, could pm his number.

have you thought about drives yet? nundle? moonbi? keepit dam? manila?

james

75% of all mokes made are still on the road, the others made it home.

Offline Newie

• Registered Member
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 11:13:22 PM »
Thought a lot about drives but haven't decided much (anything) yet.

Personally I think Nundle would be a great one, or even out as far as Hanging Rock - -some ideal Moke roads out there. It has been pointed out to me though, that many people will not want to go too far as they have to drive all the way here and back to start with.

Werris Creek has a pretty big Railway Memorial event with various activities/markets that weekend. Not real exciting drive, but somewhere within 3/4 of a Moke hour away and something else for partners/kids to look at other than Mokes.

Will have to refresh my memory of the back road out to Loomberah (towards Moonbi) as it's been a few years since I've been out there but seem to recall it being scenic with lots of bends. Start of "interesting" bit is only 10 min out of Tamworth, so this may be a strong possibility.

Hope to recce a few of these roads with Appache and The Welder when they get up here.

Keepit is an option (3/4 of a Moke hour) Pretty boring drive, but nice picnic areas etc once you get there I guess.

I think Manilla would be a bit far.

Any other suggestions from those that know/used to know the area will be happily investigated.

Newie

Offline spicemoke

• Registered Member
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 12:26:26 AM »
Im  very interested
The Phantom 78 Californian
4 seater or two adults and one dog.
Old jungle saying - "When ghost who walks drives - its in a moke"

Offline SMOKEN

• Registered Member
  • Now with the Stigs tick of approval
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 05:11:56 AM »
G'day Newie
         Ruth and I and the Ratster wouldn't
mind going to Tamworth.

smoken

SWOMBY won't let me, I have to go to a stupid Wedding. :(

Offline Newie

• Registered Member
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 10:38:03 AM »
Great to see there's still so much interest.

Would be great if we could get a few decent convoys happening.

Good to see you're still thinking about the three day trek Spicey. Sounds like Moe and Dynky at least may keep you company  :).

With people thinking about coming from that far away, we may have to get serious about it  :)

Newie

Offline CabSav

• Registered Member
  • cabsav! At "Make-a-wish" Party last year!
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2009, 01:48:16 PM »
Never been to Tamworth!!

Seeing it with "ABUNCHA" Mokes would be brilliant!

HB me in!!!

Cabby
Been there....
Done that....

Offline TD0077

• Registered Member
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2009, 09:27:00 AM »
 love to come along pencil me in be great to join a convoy goin north through Maitland if one goes through
td

Offline Moke My Day

• Registered Member
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2009, 10:03:02 AM »
Early days however Moke Round up one week and then a short drive to Bathurst the next week-end for the Great Race.
You have your first entry from Tassie.