Author Topic: IMD Central Wheatbelt WA  (Read 2223 times)

Offline Maddog

• Registered Member
  • One by one, the Mokes slowly drove him insane....
IMD Central Wheatbelt WA
« on: September 27, 2010, 12:48:43 AM »
Huge gathering of one Moke for the second Central Wheatbelt IMD - but it's my own fault as I only have one going at the moment! :-[ :-[

Crops on the Dog Ranch are stuffed, so rather than a farm tour we thought we would climb to the top of the hill for something different this year.

Ron takes a breather at the top.....

Dog Ranch is all the green and brown stuff in the background - the kennel is there somewhere if you know where to look.

Discovered mokes fit between the car park barriers - so did a bit of rock climbing.

Then did a tour of the important parts of town - like the wheat bin.......

......and the silo factory.

And our proof we were there on the right day!!

Cheers, MD.
Mickey 81 Californian Arnold 82 Californian Baldy 82 Californian Ron 79 Califakian Eskymoke 82 Californian

I always wanted to die in my Moke at 100......... unfortunately it won't do more than 80!

Offline Noddy

• Registered Member
  • Why are there so many nuts and bolts left??
Re: IMD Central Wheatbelt WA
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 03:35:06 AM »
More exiting than my IMD drove the family car 4hours. Then drove the moke arround the block
Mokes and Tiger Moths are the same, wherever they stop, they mark their teritory!

Offline Newie

• Registered Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 07:59:19 AM »
Well at least you got out of the backyard Noddy  ;D. By the way, the rules of IMD are that you need photos on the day - did you get one?

Nice little tour Maddog, but looks rather depressingly brown over there  :(. Just a disclaimer, the background scenery in the Round Up pics may make you cry a little bit  :'(

Newie

1966 Moke - "The Gnome" Current work in progress
1979 Californian - Going, but a long long long way from roadworthy.
Plus a couple of other garden gnomes for parts

I'm a genius in disguise............It's a bloody good disguise-no one ever suspects a thing

Offline Pete Power

• Registered Member
  • Victor Richardson Gates Adelaide Oval
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 10:04:20 AM »
Well done Oh Great Rabid one.
Who is the Silo Manufacturer?

Happy Mokin
Regards
Pete

1981 Californian 1275 Galv "Mighty Moke"
"If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours."

Offline SMOKEN

• Registered Member
  • Now with the Stigs tick of approval
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 11:16:05 AM »

g'day Md,
             You done well mate. I'm glad the IMD
gave you had a break from the drepressing crops

cheers smoken

SWOMBY won't let me, I have to go to a stupid Wedding. :(

Offline Noddy

• Registered Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 06:17:18 PM »
Well at least you got out of the backyard Noddy  ;D. By the way, the rules of IMD are that you need photos on the day - did you get one?

In that case I did not partake in IMD

Seems to be everywhere so dry. Uncles crops are also not that great, and the game reserves are more brown( Big fire hazard).

Noddy (We need rain in Africa)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 06:19:28 PM by Noddy »
Mokes and Tiger Moths are the same, wherever they stop, they mark their teritory!

Offline 77Devil

• Registered Member
  • A younger Dev
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 06:25:00 PM »
In that case I did not partake in IMD

Seems to be everywhere so dry. Uncles crops are also not that great, and the game reserves are more brown( Big fire hazard).

Noddy (We need rain in Africa)

We were pretty dry for most of early winter here, however we have had some pretty good falls lately and the north of teh State is looking the best I have seen it in 30 years.  I think the south has been fairly dry, though I think they have been getting a bit of rain lately.

Hope you can get what you need Noody and I hope Maddog gets set up for a good year next year, looks like this might be stuffed already, if you are still struggling now.

Cheers

Dev

Going to be busy in '11

Offline Noddy

• Registered Member
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 06:28:45 PM »
Hasnt rained here since I think the before june. But thats african winters dry, and summer bring on the storms.

Hope it turns out well MD

Offline CabSav

• Registered Member
  • cabsav! At "Make-a-wish" Party last year!
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 10:45:55 PM »
Mad Dog - you ARE a Mad Dog!

Your moking spirit is higher than most - and your photos, though depressingly dry, are of a wonderful part of our country! Thank you for sharing them with us!

Noddy - i give you 5/10 for at least driving around the yard in your moke! So now you've got the idea of IMD - you can plan and make next years bigger and better! (just remember the pics!!!) And we'll do a rain dance for you at Tamworth! LOL

Cabby
Been there....
Done that....

Offline Noddy

• Registered Member
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 04:27:49 AM »
Jason had a IMD planed still have to hear from him, i think there were 5 mokes. was away so could not join in with them

Offline martin

• Registered Member
  • ST - the shaky moke!
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 04:55:35 AM »
Wow MD, for a kiwi that is a big lot of brown!
great pics though and it looked like perfect moking weather

Martin
Stormtrooper - the white moke with the dark side

Offline Maddog

• Registered Member
  • One by one, the Mokes slowly drove him insane....
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2010, 01:45:10 AM »
Thanks everyone for your comments. We had a great family day and were happy to be able to share it.

I actually thought it looked quite green in the photos! Much browner now and still six months of summer to go....

But I have plenty of projects to work on, mokes are all paid off and the weather is beautiful. And it's a poor farmer who doesn't plan for a bad season. ;) Still gives me the shits though.

Cheers, MD.
Mickey 81 Californian Arnold 82 Californian Baldy 82 Californian Ron 79 Califakian Eskymoke 82 Californian

I always wanted to die in my Moke at 100......... unfortunately it won't do more than 80!